Some of the Christian bible school students attending classes, and eating outside their quarters.
We were talking about praying for the nation of Malaysia yesterday in church.
Do remember Burma in prayer also. I have friends who are still going into Myanmar to help out the Christian minority who are under great persecution there.
Here are some facts which were taken from the Christian worker:
The Burmese people are suffering under Myanmar's repressive regime and I would like to share some facts with you taken from the internet :
- Use of forced labor for state economic development.
- The regime has also recruited up to 70,000 child soldiers – far more than any other country in the world. The use of forced labor by the regime, a modern-day form of slave labor, was recently decried in an extremely rare public criticism by the International Committee of the Red Cross.
- A 500% increase in fuel (red petroleum) prices that triggered the recent protest.
- Health indicators in Burma resemble those of conflict zones in Africa. Burma’s regime spends less than one dollar per person on health-care compared with Thailand’s $61 per person and spends only $137,000 a year (total-not per capita) on HIV/AIDS for a population of 55 million. The consequences for the people of Burma and Burma’s neighboring countries are deadly.
- International corruption watchdog Transparency International ranked Myanmar, along with Somalia, as the most corrupt country in the world in the group's 180-country index for 2007