Sep 16, 2008
Pray for Malaysia
In view of the ISA arrests by the police and government, NECF has issued a statement as to the stand of the evangelical church regarding the issue. Their statement can be seen at:
According to 2 Chr 7:14, we should pray.
1. For good governance, justice and righteousness
2. Government to
* discard oppressive laws,
* repent of its arrogant wrongdoings, and
* have due regard for humanity and the fundamental rights of its citizens
3. Sensible ministers with sober judgment to continue to make a difference in the system.
* May the God of grace restore, confirm, strengthen and establish those who desire good and not evil for the country.
4. All citizens continue to
* advocate justice, and
* stand for freedom against tyranny and any dehumanizing forces of the day.
5. Against the spirit behind fanaticism
* those with meaningless lives (and becoming obsessed with external performance) to find meaning and purpose of life in Christ
* those with distorted views will be enlightened to see reality whole
6. The Church:
* manifold wisdom of God be made known through the Church;
* to live out her call to “take no part in unfruitful works of darkness but instead expose them” (Eph 5:11)
* to be rid of fear
* Christian ministers and MPs that they will stand firm (Isa 40:10-20)
7. The peace of Christ to reign supreme in Malaysia